When you think of miso and chow mien together, it might not be the most mouth-watering feeling, but trust me. This recipe is sure to change your noodle game!
I added mushrooms to give a nice bite while incorporating more flavours. My vegetables were zucchini, bell peppers and a few bamboo shoots, but you can do any combo that makes you feel good. I like how the bamboo shoots add a slight juicy crunch.
This creamy, dreamy soft noodle dish will woo you to make it every day for dinner.
For the sauce, mix these together into a paste:
1/4 cup Tahini
3 Tbsp GC Chickpea Miso
2 Tbsp Soy sauce or equivalent
1/4 cup Water
2 cups chopped veggies of choice
1 cup sliced mushrooms
4 cloves of Garlic
4 Tbsp Sesame oil for sautéeing
Salt as needed
Cook in water until soft:
2 servings of Chowmein noodles
- Boil water in a large pot for the noodles. Cook the noodles soft. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a cast iron skillet, wok, or any heavy bottom pan.
- Sauté garlic until golden and aromatic.
- Drop in the sliced mushroom and caramelize it together until cooked well.
- Add the chopped vegetables and cook until it gets light browning and smaller in size. If it sticks to the bottom, de-glaze by adding a splash of water and stirring well.
- Add the noodles to the pan and the prepared sauce on top.
- Turn off the heat.
- Gently toss around coating noodles evenly.
- Serve warm.
The tahini adds that creaminess, and miso gives a subtle umami flavour. This makes the doodles slide into your soul effortlessly. Try this out and enjoy it blissfully!