We all enjoy some lazy days, especially when snowed in! An easy sandwich makes anyone’s day better when made right. A spicy, smokey sandwich makes the best fast food, given the cold weather. Green Cuisine’s Smoked Tofu is designed especially for this purpose. Packed with the right smokiness and savoury flavours, Green Cuisine Smoked Tofu can be enjoyed without cooking. This mouthwatering chipotle sandwich recipe brings out all the right flavours, like spicy, smokey, salty, sweet and tangy. We used cashew-based smoked gouda slices because it gives the right amount of creaminess that cuts through the spicey mouthfeel. The crunchy yellow bell pepper gives a fresh smell and sweet water content to balance the saltiness of the tofu, cheese and spread. Finally, we are serving this on a Spelt Wholegrain Sourdough because it gives a slightly fermented taste and brings out the flavours nicely. You could choose your favourite bread too.
We need some simple ingredients:
1 pack GC Smoked Tofu
1 Wholegrain Sourdough
Yellow Bell Pepper
Smoked Gouda Slices
50g Cashew Nuts
50g Sunflower Seeds
25g Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce (canned)
1 Tbsp Paprika Powder
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
2 tsp Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
1 tsp Salt
50g Coconut Oil (melted)
50g Hot Water
- Blend all the chipotle spread ingredients in a small blender until creamy and smooth.
- Keep in the fridge until serving.
- Cut up the tofu, bell pepper and cheese into thin slices.
- Arrange everything on a board with sliced bread.
- Now apply the chipotle spread evenly on all bread slices.
- Arrange the cheese as per your taste requirement.
- Place tofu slices and bell pepper on top.
- Enjoy as an open sandwich or cover with another bread slice with the chipotle spread.
This is more like a cold sandwich style, no cooking needed and makes a perfect take-out for work or school. You could also toast the bread to your preference. The heat of all the spices makes it a comforting cold-weather food!