While we are on the heat track of enjoying heartwarming foods, we cannot forget the spicy friends from the southeast. Having originated from Java, Indonesia, Green Cuisine tempeh took a delicious avatar called Indonesian Tempeh. Marinated with the right spices, it sure does elevate your tempeh experience to the next level. Here we have a flavourful noodles dish that can beat any take-out meal while adding value to your nutrition.
- 1 Pack Indonesian Tempeh chopped
- 4 T Sesame oil
- 10 Garlic cloves
- 1 t Chilli flakes or more according to heat level
- 1 T Paprika powder
- 2 T Sea salt
- 1 C Zucchini chopped
- 1/2 C Bell pepper chopped
- 2 servings of Noodles of choice (we used chow mein)
Sauce – Mix these and keep ready:
- 4 T Tomato purée
- 2 t Tapioca starch
- 1 T Soy sauce
- 1 T Ginger paste
- 1 T Coconut sugar
- Cook the noodles in water in a big pot.
- Heat up oil in a heavy skillet or pot and drop the tempeh pieces.
- Sauté well until cooked; add garlic, paprika, chilli flakes and salt.
- Add in vegetables and continue sautéeing everything well.
- When it becomes dry and sticks to the bottom, add some of the noodles cooking water to deglaze the pan whenever necessary.
- Add in the sauce mix when all ingredients are cooked, and stir well.
- Add 1/2 C of the noodle water into the pan and simmer the sauce with veggies.
- When the sauce mixture is cooked, add the drained noodles to the pan and mix with the sauce vegetable tempeh mixture.
- Coat the noodles well, and rest for 10 mins before serving warm.
Remember, you can play with the heat level with the chilli flakes and garlic. Mix and match any vegetables to your liking when you try this dish multiple times. Don’t worry if you have leftovers; this noodle dish makes an excellent cold salad by adding some bean sprouts, cucumber and greens for the next day’s lunch. Have hot fun creating and recreating to your heart’s content with Indonesian Tempeh.