Who doesn’t love a bowl of comforting cheesy pasta? Warm creamy pasta dishes are thoroughly enjoyed by people of all ages. Our Green Cuisine cheese shreds make irresistible pastas, pizzas and nachos without heavily processed ingredients or modified starches. This Mozzarella Penne is an easy-to-execute recipe that comes in handy when you are out of veggies or ideas! Here is how to make it.
3 Cups Brown Rice Penne Pasta
2 L Water for cooking pasta
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Garlic Paste
1 Tsp Chilli Flakes
2 Tsp Dried Italian Herbs
2 Tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
1 Yellow Bell Pepper (Diced)
1/2 Cup Green Peas (Frozen)
2 Tbsp Tapioca Starch (Cassava plant root)
1 Cup Pasta Water
2 Cups GC Mochirella Mozzarella Style Cheese Shreds
- Boil 2L of water in a large pot and cook the pasta.
- Reserve 1 to 2 cups of pasta water, and drain the pasta.
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat olive oil.
- Sautée the garlic paste in the oil until aromatic.
- Then add the chilli flakes, Herbs and salt to the garlic.
- Add in chopped bell pepper and green peas, and cook well.
- Turn down the heat to low medium.
- Mix Tapioca starch with a bit of cold water and make a paste.
- Then add in about 1 cup of pasta water and make it runny.
- Mix well and pour into the pan.
- Stir well and let it thicken; add more pasta water if it is too thick.
- Cook this mixture for a couple of minutes while stirring continuously.
- Then add the cheese shreds into the pan, stir well and let the gentle heat melt the cheese. Keep the heat low to prevent sticking and burning.
- Turn off the heat, add the drained pasta, and toss it, coating it well.
- Let it sit for a couple of minutes before serving it hot.
The tapioca starch adds that stretchiness to the sauce and a creamy mouthfeel. You could adjust flavours to your preference with spices, herbs and salt. This simple cheesy pasta makes a great dinner option when you don’t want to prep veggies. It is also gluten-free and healthier compared to store-bought ready-made pasta out of a box. Give this a try with our new cheese shreds, and you’d surely fall in love with it!