It cannot get easier than this! Convenient to take on a picnic or wrap up for school or work, a simple sandwich always comes to the rescue of the achievers. Green Cuisine smoked tofu is always convenient to use in dishes without the need to cook. It is well marinated in a blend of soy sauce and spices, baked to perfection and smoked gently to infuse a nice flavour.
For a quick pesto dressing:
A bunch of Basil leaves (cleaned)
1/4 C Cashews (soaked)
2 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
1/4 C Olive Oil
1 tsp Salt
2 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 C Water (for blending)
- Blend all these ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Transfer into a dry jar and store in the fridge until use.
To make the sandwich:
Slices of bread
1 block GC Smoked Tofu (sliced)
Cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Apply olive oil on the bread slices and toast lightly on both sides.
- Generously dress the bread with pesto dressing.
- Arrange the sliced tofu on the bread.
- Place cherry tomatoes or any other vegetables of your choice.
- Serve cold.
This pesto tofu sandwich will stay fresh while you pack it for lunch, and it is also easy to assemble while at work or picnic. You could add baby spinach leaves just before serving for added greens and cucumber for that crunchy freshness. Enjoy this versatile smoked tofu in your creative ways. Let us know if you tried it by tagging us on social media. Feel free to contact us if you have any queries; we’re happy to help!