Not everyone enjoys bread, especially when you like to switch things up with the texture and flavour. Thanks to tofu, you can make high-protein croutons for your favourite soups or pasta. It’s simple to assemble, versatile to serve and delicious to eat. Let us get right into it!
All you need:
- 1/2 block Tofu (medium firm)
- 4 T Olive oil
- 2 t dried Italian herbs
- 1 t Garlic powder
- 1 t Onion powder
- 1 t Black pepper powder
- 1 t Sea salt
- Mix all the seasonings with oil in a bowl.
- Cut up tofu into small cubes.
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet parchment.
- Coat the tofu cubes with the seasoning mixture well.
- Spread it evenly on the lined baking sheet with a gap between the cubes.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, flip all cubes onto the other side and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- It should be evenly golden brown and crispy.
You see how easy it is to make bread-free croutons! These have a chewy texture with crispy edges, and the herbs make them aromatic hence an excellent side dish for all the soups you want this cold season. Try this and share with us on social media about it went. Enjoy!