One can enjoy many food items on a cold winter night. But nothing matches a hot pan of lasagna that can hug one from the inside. It is warming, filling, soft and chewy. Lasagna gives a complete eating experience fulfilling one’s appetite and craving! It is always a good idea to stock up on those lasagna sheets and tomatoes! With our GC tofu, you can do wonders. No more boring dinners. Behold, we give you delicious tofu lasagna!
Ingredients for the sauce:
800 ml Tomato purée (canned)
3 Tbsp Garlic paste
4 Tbsp EVOO
2 Tbsp Italian Herbs (dried)
1 tsp Chilli Flakes
2 tsp Paprika powder
- Heat the oil gently in a heavy-bottom saucepan.
- Add garlic and sauté until aromatic.
- Add the chilli flakes, paprika powder, herbs, and lightly sauté for a minute.
- Finally, add the tomato purée and simmer for 20 minutes covered.
- Switch off the heat and let it cool down.
Ingredients for the toppings:
1 block GC Medium Tofu (crumbled)
2 cups Spinach leaves (frozen or fresh)
2 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
4 Tbsp EVOO
2 cups Mushrooms (diced)
1 zucchini (diced)
12 Black Olives (finely chopped)
2 Artichoke Hearts from a can (finely chopped)
1 pack of Oven-ready Lasagna Sheets
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet.
- Saute the diced mushrooms until it is cooked well.
- Add the zucchini and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the same skillet.
- Sauté the spinach for a minute until wilted.
- Crumble the tofu and add to the spinach; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and nutritional yeast to the tofu and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the heat and keep it aside for assembly.
- In a lasagna tray, generously pour the sauce on the bottom.
- Line the oven-ready lasagna sheets.
- Pour some sauce over covering the sheets.
- Spread the mushroom and zucchini over this evenly.
- Add some chopped olives and artichokes in between.
- Spread the tofu mixture on top evenly.
- Cover with sauce and sheets.
- Repeat the same again till all ingredients are over.
- The sauce needs to cover everything on the top.
- Add some cheese slices or shreds for that cheesy layer.
- Bake in the preheated covered oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Rest for 15 minutes before serving hot.
This can be easily portioned and stored in containers in the fridge for reheating later. The vegetables are your choice, and any variety tastes good. If you love cheesy lasagna, feel free to add more cheese into the layers as you add other toppings. This is a very filling and nutritious dish that satisfies any hunger. Best dinner ever! Try this out tonight and let us know how you liked it. Share and tag us on social media. Checkout other blog posts for exciting recipes.