It’s another cold day; your soul needs comfort; all you want is take-out from your favourite Chinese restaurant, but it is closed! A simple stir-fry is everyone’s comfort craving. It might be limited to enjoying take-out food every day because of many factors like health and budget, which is why this recipe is what you need right now. This can be made with the simple pantry staples, vegetables of your choice and delicious Green Cuisine Tofu! It’s as simple as that.
- 4 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Gochujang (if not available, use hot sauce)
- 1 Tbsp Fermented black beans (if not available, use miso paste)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp Garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp Ginger paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 block Firm GC Tofu
- Snap peas
- Sugar peas
- Green onion
- Bok choy
- Bell pepper
- Cook 1 cup of your favorite rice before starting the stir-fry.
- Clean and prep all vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- Cut half of a tofu block and make flat pieces.
- On a cast iron skillet, heat some sesame oil on medium.
- Fry the tofu pieces on both sides until golden in color.
- Remove the tofu onto a plate
- Add the green onion and celery pieces.
- Sauté these for a minute and add other vegetables.
- Meanwhile, mix the sauce ingredients with water.
- Add the sauce after sautéeing the vegetables well.
- Stir this continuously as it thickens up, and add the tofu to the skillet.
- Mix thoroughly and switch off the heat; leave it for 10 mins before serving it with steaming hot rice.
If you have 30 minutes, you can make your favorite comfort food at home that is healthier, fulfilling and cheaper. If you want one recipe you can make for dinner every night for the rest of your life, this will be it! Have fun stir-frying!!